wastelands?

Monday, October 23, 2006



After my urban regeneration Liverpool Redrow renaissance encounter I felt pretty fed up.

I cycled up and down the streets of Garston centre. This whole area is earmarked for regeneration –
And in places the process has begun…

Although many of the properties along St Mary’s Road, and the adjoining streets are derelict and boarded – I only came across one Brownfield - my first to be invaded by a detested non native species – one of the country’s top 3 invasives – Japanese Knotweed…
Tastes like asparagus I’m told, but don’t go picking it… it’s illegal to transplant this exotic... And by accidentally dropping a bit of it, it can spread.
I say this is the first Brownfield with a top 3 invasive on it, but let’s not forget – I can’t actually get into most of the Brownfields I have mapped – so perhaps this is the only species that I have been able to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home