wastelands?

Thursday, November 09, 2006






So I didn’t much enjoy my city centre day out. I felt grubby, and wanted to disappear, a bit hard with a Day-Glo decorated Independents cone strapped to the pannier rack of a shiny framed but muddy-wheeled bike.
But, being the trooper that I am I persevered.
On a city centre street level, the most obvious wildlife species is humankind. So much so, that if pigeons weren’t so prolific, we would look like a monoculture swarming across the ‘urban jungle’. Liverpool City centre, like any other, is teaming with people. But in Liverpool, a higher than normal percentage of this species is clad in high visibility fluorescent yellow jackets. Building work seems to be everywhere. And high-rise cranes dominate the city centre skyline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home